We have been busy. Here are some of our recent matters:
- Represented clients in all phases (including due diligence and contract negotiations) of the purchases of former industrial properties and gasoline stations;
- Assisted clients in obtaining Class B recycling permits, renewal of solid waste facility permits, A-901 approvals, NYC BIC approvals, and air permits;
- Assisted clients in redeveloping of “Brownfields” sites for uses such as a retail strip mall, school, restaurant supply center, storage facility, distribution center, and factory;
- Served as environmental counsel to perform, among other things, environmental due diligence and pre-acquisition activities;
- Negotiated “redeveloper agreements” on behalf of Brownfield Redevelopers;
- Worked with LSRPs to finalize the remediation of contaminated properties;
- Represented clients in private party cost recovery actions;
- Represented clients before NJDEP in enforcement actions involving: USTS, solid waste, recycling, and air permits;
- Represented clients before USEPA in enforcement actions involving: NESHAP (air issues) and CERCLA;
- Examined the feasibility and siting of rail transfer facilities;
- Assisted clients in obtaining RAOs in several ISRA and USTs related matters.
- Negotiated Developer Agreement on behalf of designated redeveloper;
- Represented clients in neighbor land use disputes;
- Represented clients seeking Treatment Works Approvals (TWA) and NJPDES permits;
- Advised clients on wetlands issues.
- Negotiated lease and purchase agreements;
- Represented clients in obtaining financing for plant expansion and property acquisition;
- Obtained tax exempt status for not for profit corporations;
- Formed and advised several not for profit (nonprofit) corporations;
- Formed several real estate holding and management LLCs;
- Provided business counseling to several e-commerce start-up ventures.